- Management Board
- Sites & Investors Service
- Internationalisation & Location Marketing
- Structural Politics & Subsidies
- Innovations & Knowledge Transfer
- Growth Markets
- Hydrogen Metropole Ruhr
- Human Resources / Organisation / Finance
- Organisational Development
- Event Management
- Corporate Communications
Prof. Dr. Julia Frohne (Chairwoman) and Markus Schlüter form the management board of Business Metropole Ruhr GmbH. They manage the strategic, technical and financial fortunes of the company and continuously develop them further. Their executive office supports the management in all matters of day-to-day business and is the interface to companies, business and politics on the one hand and the operative units of BMR on the other.
Business needs suitable areas. That is why we keep track of the economic area of the Ruhr Metropolis. To this end, we continuously analyse the exact use of all commercial and industrial sites in the region that have been secured for planning purposes and show which free commercial and industrial site potentials are available. We make the real estate market of the Ruhr Metropolis transparent in its various submarkets.
- Do you work for a municipality in the Ruhr Metropolis and would like to offer a space or property?
- Do you work for a company that is looking for a location to settle or for a project development?
- Do you need spatial data on your municipality or on the property market in the Ruhr Metropolis?
Then get in touch with us! We will be happy to help you.
Our team makes the Ruhr area internationally visible as the largest conurbation in Germany. Together with our municipal partners, we present ourselves internationally as one economic area. We focus on long-term cooperation and value exchange with foreign institutions.
Companies from abroad
- Your company is based abroad and would like to get off the ground in Germany next?
- Are you looking for potential customers or cooperation partners from specific sectors in the Ruhr Metropolis?
We can help you expand with personal contacts and put you in touch with the right organisations and companies for faster market access. With a large network of municipalities, companies, science and associations, we support you in gaining a foothold in the Ruhr area. Together we will find the best location for your expansion.
Companies from the Ruhr area
- Are you looking for innovative start-ups and experts on global trends?
In our target markets - the Innovations Bridges -we scouut innovations for you and network you with the best start-ups and scale-ups around the globe with the help of foreign organisations. Stay up-to-date: We regularly organise events with impulses on trends from foreign markets and offer excursions to network with international ecosystems and companies.
Internationalisation & Location Marketing
Internationalisation & Location Marketing
We are driving the ongoing structural change towards a climate-friendly and high-growth economy in the Ruhr Metropolis through targeted projects. In doing so, we work together with our partners locally and from abroad. For the sustainable development and competitiveness of the region, we exchange ideas closely with the state of North Rhine-Westphalia and the institutions at federal and European level. We bundle and communicate the concerns of the municipalities in the association area and represent regional interests in the state, the federal government and internationally in order to position the Ruhr Metropolis as a strong and future-oriented business location.
Structural Politics & Subsidies, Growth Markets | Authorized Representative
The development of key technologies, the availability of skilled workers, a thriving start-up ecosystem and sustainable business are of great importance for the innovative capacity of our region. Our goal is to make the Ruhr Metropolis strong in precisely these fields.
- We are contact mediators between companies, science and start-ups. We promote cross-sectoral exchange between companies and the cultural and creative industries as creative and innovation drivers.
- We support companies in their current skilled labour challenges with knowledge transfer. We are committed to the supra-regional perception of the Ruhr Metropolis as an attractive location for young professionals and skilled workers.
- We bring together regional players from the start-up scene and make the start-up ecosystem in the Ruhr area visible.
- We support cooperations with our know-how, sector-specific analyses and are contact persons for the exchange of experience, questions about networks and the initiatives of the Ruhr Metropolis.
Innovations & Knowledge Transfer
In order to maintain and expand a strong economy in the region, we support the transformation with our projects. We are always on the lookout for new project initiatives and partners in future-oriented industries in the Ruhr Metropolis that contribute to this goal, and we offer regional access to the respective innovation ecosystem.
- Regional cluster management in sustainable economic sectors
- Establishment of new networks
- Establishment of innovation partnerships
In order to bring together and support the diverse players, networks and projects in the region, the Regionalverband Ruhr und Business Metropole Ruhr foundes the Hydrogen Metropole Ruhr (HyMR) as a regional project office for the Ruhr area. Research institutions, companies and start-ups should jointly use the historically grown infrastructure as well as the enormous experience in transporting energy to drive the market ramp-up.
Greentech.Ruhr brings together the specialists and expertise in green technologies: established companies and young start-ups, universities and research institutes, associations and public institutions. Greentech.Ruhr is the central contact point for the environmental industry in the Ruhr Metropolis.
Continuously developing HR-relevant processes in the company is what we do in the field of human resources. Organisation includes our organisational and operational processes and quality management. In the area of finance, we take care of budget preparation, controlling and classical accounting.
HR/Organisation/Finance | In-house counsel | Authorized Representative
Our mission is to drive the continuous evolution of our organization, focusing on fostering innovation, maximizing value generation, and cultivating a dynamic corporate culture. As an internal department, our primary responsibility lies in enhancing the holistic development of our company itself.
The Event Management team looks after the trade fair appearances and events of the Business Metropole Ruhr. This involves implementing our own projects, such as organising the appearance of the municipalities of the Metropole Ruhr at EXPO REAL. At the same time, we are the in-house service provider for the planning and implementation of all events and trade fair appearances, which are supervised by the various project teams. In doing so, we have set out to make our events as sustainable as possible.
We report on the Ruhr area as a business location and market the networks and projects of the Business Metropole Ruhr. Corporate Communications manages communication channels such as websites, social media and newsletters - and creates content that makes the transformation of the Ruhr tangible. The team also includes contacts for the media when it comes to topics relevant to business in the Ruhr area.
Corporate Communications, Press Spokesman